Friday, December 17, 2010

Chicken Quesadillas

Pretty soon (fingers crossed) I will be adding photos to these recipes! It's honestly the last thing on my mind as I'm trying to get a 2 year old fed while making plates for daddy and then mommy is the last one to eat, by then I'm usually starved and snarf everything down before I think "Crap! I forgot to take a picture!!"  I think I will make it my New Year's resolution to try to take photos of the food!

Last night, I made chicken quesadillas which Charlie loves.  They are oh so very simple!  You can pretty much toss anything in there that you want but here is how I make them:

Charlie's Version:
Chicken, fried in a pan of butter, seasoned with salt, garlic salt, and pepper then chopped up into smallish pieces
Onions (I use yellow)
Black Olives
Monterey Jack Cheese
Salsa, hot sauce, taco sauce, or whatever he feels like dipping it in

My version:
Chicken, prepared same as above
Bacon, pieces or in a pinch I use bacon bits
Fresh Tomatoes, cut into smallish chunks
Monterey Jack Cheese
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

Tommy's version:
Chicken or turkey (he likes lunch meat better than the chunks)
Cheddar Cheese
Bacon or bacon bits

Sauté the harder ingredients like onions and black olives in a bit of butter, add the chicken at the end just so its warmed.  Heat a griddle to medium high and spray with Pam.  Fill one side of a flour tortilla (we use 10 inch tortillas) with stuffing mixture top with cheese and fold over.  (Sometimes I heat these in the microwave for 10 seconds or so just to get the cheese good and melty!) Heat on the griddle until nice and crispy on both sides.  Slice it up with a pizza cutter, serve with dipping sauce and viola! Simple, quick, yummy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment