Saturday, January 8, 2011

Walking Tacos

So, my mom LOVES auctions.  I mean loves.  When the weather is nice, I think they go to one or two each weekend.  I, on the otherhand, am not the biggest fan of auctions but I go to spend time with my parents and to get out and give me something to do.  And secretly, I'm becoming a BIG fan of the antique cooking stuff! Especially, the OLD cookbooks, not the ones that were purchased, but the ones in old-school grandma handwriting that are like a million years old.  They have some amazing stuff in those, as long as you skip the ones containing lemon jello, olives, cheese in one recipe. Disgusting! (Sorry great-grandma!) Anyway, I was starving to death at this auction with my mom, dad, grandma and my son and they had a little concession stand.  Another of my secret addictions is concession stand food...not the kind at professional games but the kind at your local soccer or football field that the school groups work at to raise money for their club. I'm pretty sure it was 4-H at this auction and they had walking tacos.  First I asked what the heck a walking taco was...when they told me, I was skeptical but tried it anyway....AMAZING!!!

Walking Tacos

1 lb ground beef, cooked and seasoned with taco seasoning
6 individual sized bags of nacho cheese doritos, fritos or tortillas
shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, chopped onions, diced avacados, sour cream, taco sauce
anything else you would normally put on tacos

Take each bag and gently crush the chips then turn the bag sideways and slice open. Spoon in taco meat and top with your choice of favorite toppings.  Take a spoon and mix it all together.  Ta-da!! Done!

These are so handy for picnics or for lots of little ones running around.  They surprisingly taste awesome too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment