Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries!

My friend Meghan posted about these fries and I completely forgot about them until I discovered my son LOVES sweet potatoes in any form but especially french fries.  These are now a regular in my household.  And Meghan that fantastic, wonderful friend she is, allowed me to steal her photo from her blog!


Sweet Potato Fries











2-4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and patted dry
olive oil
salt
sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 400. Peel sweet potatoes with potato peeler and slice into then strips, equal in thickness.  (I have a handly gadget for this!) The more thin the strips, the more quickly they will cook!

Place potato strips on large baking sheet so no fries are overlapping. Drizzle with olive oil and salt (and maybe sugar too, we really like them this way); shake the pan to coat evenly. Meghan suggested using a spray and I tried it with olive oil spray and it works perfectly!

Bake for 20 minutes, and flip the fries. Bake another 20 minutes. Test for tenderness somewhere along there - if you like them, you can remove them early. If you want crunchy, let them go longer.

Source: Meghan in the Kitchen 

No comments:

Post a Comment